How To Become An Independent Nurse Provider In California?
Have you been working with a Home Health Agency as a LVN/RN doing Private Duty Nursing or Shift Care?
Now even with with State raise are you only making $20-$23/hour as an LVN while the agency makes $44/hour?
You don’t receive benefits through the home care agency that you work with?
*If you answered yes to any of these questions then becoming an Independent Nurse Provider is the answer for you!
Read below for various qualifications and work experience requirements for becoming an Independent nurse contractor in California.
Qualifications – To become an Independent Nurse Provider
– Have and maintain a current, unsuspended, unrevoked License to practice as a LVN(Licensed Vocational Nurse) or RN(Registered Nurse) in the State of California.
– License cannot be on probationary status and/or have any disciplinary action currently or pending investigation.
– Have and maintain a current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
– Have CEU’s that are approved by your licensing agency at least once per year.
– Have work experience that meets at least one of the following:
- Minimum of 1000 hours in an Acute Care setting within 2 years of INP application submission.
- Minimum of 2000 hours in an Acute Care setting within 3 years of INP application submission.
- Minimum of 2000 hours in a home setting providing nursing care to medically fragile individuals within 5 years of INP application submission.
- Minimum of 2000 hours in an area not listed above, however, can demonstrate appropriate knowledge, skill and ability in caring for individuals withe the care they need specified on their plan of treatment. This must be within 5 years of INP application submission.
If you need assistance, please contact us @ 818-624-1527 and we will meet with you to assist you in filling out the application.
Once the application is completed, mail it to :
Department of Health Care Services
Integrated Systems of Care Division
Provider Enrollment Unit
1501 Capitol Avenue MS 4502
P.O. Box 997413
Sacramento, CA 95899-7413
***We highly recommend that you mail with a tracking number to ensure that DHCS was in receipt of your packet
Once the provider enrollment packet has been received, it can take up to 6 months before you are approved as a Medi-Cal Provider. Be patient with this process.